Total Pageviews

Tuesday 19 March 2013

Petunia

My love for petunias is rather recent (I know I can imagine your faces in utter disbelief)..... but they thats the way it was until I planted a few plants about 4 years ago and my oh my......what was I missing!!!! They have now become my favourite seasonal plants and every winter I look forward to the blooms eagerly.


Over here in Islamabad petunia is usually transferred in the ground from November onwards and they start flowering from late February onwards. My plants flowered in the first week of March this year and every day there is at least one new flowering appearing!!

The one you see above is called 'Purple Vein' because of the veins of colour running through the trumpet shaped flower. I expect to see these flowers until the end of May when the summer planting will begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment