Total Pageviews

Thursday 21 March 2013

Freesia Surprise!!!!

Don't you just love surprises??? I know I do!!! What better surprise than to find a beautiful plant you never knew you even had!!! Doesn't it just warm your hearts!!!! :)


You see in a pot of Vinca that I had from last year, some sword like leaves started appearing and I just presumed they must be some kind of weed. But as luck would have it the past month of February we had extremely cold weather and lots and lots of rain plus I had a bout of flu. So combine all these factors and the result was that I wasn't able to 'survey' my plants as thoroughly as I usually do and that's how the sword-like leaves escaped my attention. Come better weather and lo and behold a single flower appeared and after searching on the internet I discovered it was a Freesia plant that I had and that too in such a wonderful colour. Now that's the kind of surprise I'm talking about!!!

As freesias have bulbous roots the mystery still remains as to how did it end up there in the first place but hey I'll take it either way!!!

What do you think of my surprise???

No comments:

Post a Comment